It’s Time For Season 8 of League Play!
With $10,000 in prizes, this is sure to be the most exciting League Play and Tournament of Champions in the history of all that is trivia!
To get in on the fun, sign up your team and be sure to write your team number on your answer sheet at every game you play.
The top 100 teams at the end of League Play qualify for the Tournament of Champions!
League Play runs for 36 weeks, May 1st- December 31st, 2017. Play as many times as you like, even multiple times a week. Have a bad night? Not to worry. Your lowest scores drop off and will not affect your rankings. View your scores, rank, and Team Beat Average on both the venues page and the rankings page.
League Play FAQ
- How do I register my team and get a team number?
When you create your team online you will receive a team number. At each game, write your team number on your answer sheets and the Quizmaster will log your scores online.
- Can I use my Team Number from last season?
Yes! You keep your team number if you played last season. No need to create a new team.
- Can my team play multiple times in one night?
- Can I still play at my regular weekly show without registering for the tournament?
Yes you can, but you might lose our respect.
Tournament of Champions FAQ
- When is the Tournament of Champions?
The $10,000 Tournament of Champions will take place in January 2018. More details to come soon!
- Do I need to qualify for the Tournament of Champions?
Yes. In order to compete for the $10,000 you must be ranked in the top 100 teams at the end of League Play
- Can I bring my Mom?
We will be selling separate “Spectator Seats” for family and friends of your team who just want to hang out and watch the trivia event of century.
- Where and when can I buy tickets to the Tournament of Champions?
A big announcement will be made when tickets go on sale. Sit tight and wait for the news.
- How many players can be on my team?
At our regular weekly games the official rule on team size is as follows. You may have as many people on your team until other teams start to bitch and moan at the Quizmaster. At that point, at the Quizmaster’s own discretion, he or she may choose to split you up and institute a team size limit for the night.
At the Tournament of Champions team sizes will be limited to 6 people. It is a good size number that will actually fit at the tables and besides, do you really want to split that cash prize 15 ways?
- Are there any other rules for league Play?
Yes, there are two primary rules that exist for King Trivia’s® League Play:
- “Have fun” is a simple rule. Have a good time. Imagine you are playing King Trivia® on a tropical island while sitting under a palm tree sipping a pina colada. Enough said.
- “Don’t be lame” is a little more complex. Here are a few of the infinite number of examples of being lame:
Playing a 7 pm game then running to another bar to play the exact same questions at 9 pm is extremely lame. Challenging the Quizmaster is “having fun.” Harassing the Quizmaster is inherently lame. Cheating is lame. Remember that regular game rules apply. No shouting out answers – No outside sources such as phones or the internet – The Quizmaster’s rulings are final.
Breaking the rules can have grave consequences and will be dealt with on a case by case basis.
- What if my score is incorrect on the website?
Every once in a while, little things slip through the cracks, but not often. Report the indiscretion right away if you see an error in your team’s rankings and we’ll work to get to the bottom of it.
- I only go to drink & pick up dudes/chicks. I have no chance of actually winning at the Tournament of Champions. Why should I register my team?
Because you can post a dirty team name on our website.
So that you can brag to all your friends that you are in a drinking trivia league.
Because chicks dig it. And so do dudes.